Mixed Fiber Diagonal Cushion Cover
This cushion cover is inspired by the mix of flowers and vegetables found in garden beds around Chiang Mai.
- Fabrics: 70% cotton, 30% acrylic
- Colours: Grey, Mocha, Tan
- Two sizes: 18 in X 18 in and 24 in X 24 in
- Available as a cushion cover or pillow with high quality insert
- Machine washable with similar colours. Turn covers inside out and pull zipper half way to avoid them turning inside out. Dry in shade.
- MADE TO ORDER - approximately 5-7 days to make, plus shipping.
Bua Bhat’s philosophy is to create from waste, upcyling left over fabrics and other materials into home decorative arts. The manufacturing process is also eco-friendly.
They are located in Kor-Sa-Leam village in a well-known handicraft area northeast of Chiang Mai, Thailand. A native tribe called Yong makes up much of the population in the region. The Yong are gifted craftsman, especially in fabric weaving and their products are inspired by local nature – gardens, vegetable beds, ponds and architecture as well as Lanna culture.
Bua Bhat is an important part of the local community, having employed local women since 1987. While some roles are full-time, they also offer freelance work, particularly to mothers with small children, giving them the flexibility to earn money while being able to look after their family in the home.